adi Management Consult Inc.
P.O. Box 366
Mount Forest, Ontario N0G 2L0
+1 (647) 505-1146
E-mail: Joerg Hess
Senior Executive – Operations, Sales
Strong International Background and Global Orientation
Joerg brings more than 35 years of freight forwarding and logistics experience to adi Consult. After working throughout Europe and the Middle East he moved to Toronto, Canada in 1981. Since arriving in Canada Joerg spent time with some of the largest Multi National Forwarding companies. He started from the ground up as export clerk and worked his way up to Vice President, President, and to running his own successful businesses.
Operations, Customer Service, and Sales are on Joerg’s priority list. The three departments have to work together at all times, which is a challenge. But by implementing the correct strategies and creating an environment that is conducive to the set goals, it is possible to create one extremely well functioning and profitable unit.
Over the years, Joerg has successfully implemented his sales strategies and guided and mentored sales people on their own road to success.
Areas of Expertise and skill sets:
- 35 years Experience in the International Forwarding industry
- Specializing in ocean/air and projects freight forwarding
- Developing and implementing sales strategies – product development
- Implementation and execution of company strategies and policies on all levels
- Setting up effective customer service departments
- Expanding companies' infrastructures – building new offices from the ground up
- Experience in providing automated data collection systems to manufacturing and/or warehousing facilities / bar-coding
- Interim management – reorganization – leading projects – implementation / execution of sales strategies
- Extensive knowledge of the Canadian Manufacturer/Importer/Exporter and Forwarding Industry – Working relations with transportation and industry related Government Departments in Ottawa
- Successful coaching methods for individuals and groups – goal setting
- Highly energetic - strong motivator
- Effectively communicating on all levels
Born and raised in Germany, Joerg completed his apprenticeship in 1972 with Dachser Spedition in Stuttgart. He then joined K&N in Hamburg. His International assignments carried him throughout Europe, the Middle East, North America, Hong Kong and Australia.
Joerg and his wife own and operate a very successful Horse Breeding and Training operation just outside Toronto. In his own words: "Having this place to relax and re-charge the mind and body is crucial to being successful".